As a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), it's my role to ensure that our team not only performs optimally but also grows and develops continuously. Implementing AI in our organisation has opened up new avenues for this growth, particularly in freeing time from tedious tasks for more meaningful learning and development opportunities.
Transforming Work with AI
It's no secret that AI is revolutionising the way businesses operate. However, as an HRBP, I focus on how this technological evolution can foster a learning-centric work environment.
Post AI implementation, we've witnessed some remarkable changes:
A 44% reduction in time needed to complete main billed services.
A 49% decrease in employees feeling overwhelmed.
A notable increase in confidence levels among colleagues regarding their ability to create high-quality written content.
These statistics aren't just numbers; they represent a shift in how our team operates, with more time and energy dedicated to professional growth.
“AI has allowed me to learn beyond the realms of my current knowledge. With AI, I have been able to break down pieces of code, line by line. It acts like a personal assistant in explaining what each part of the code entails, giving me a foundational understanding of how the code is built and structured.” - Adrian Low, Junior Marketing Executive
“It is usually hard when you start to work on a new project and don't have enough insight into the new client's business or an entirely new industry, but through learning about AI applications, I can get a much quicker start with information and insights that I want to know more about the client.” - Emily Li, China Marketing Specialist
Below: Oxygen HRBP Nandini, awarding Sammy, China Marketing Executive, with a certification for prompt crafting.
The Journey to AI Integration
Our journey to integrate AI wasn't without its challenges, but with careful planning and consideration of our team's needs, we achieved success. Here are the steps we took:
- Selecting the Right AI Tool: We understood that one size doesn't fit all, so we chose a tool that fit our specific needs.
- Team Training: This was crucial. We made sure our team understood not just how to use AI, but how to use it effectively.
- Team Certification: We gamified our AI training. This not only made it more engaging but also provided our team with a sense of achievement.
- AI Compliance Documentation: We ensured that everyone understood the responsibilities that come with using AI.
- Public AI Policy: Transparency with our clients and customers about our AI use was key.
- Custom Prompt Engineering and Chatbot Development: This helped in getting precise and useful outputs from AI, minimising the time spent on corrections.
- Surveying the Team: Understanding the impact of AI on our team was vital. Regular surveys helped us gauge and respond to their needs and concerns.
Buy-in from Management: A Crucial Factor
The backing of our management was indispensable. They understood that AI is not about replacing jobs but about augmenting our capabilities. This message was consistently communicated across the organisation, alleviating fears and encouraging adoption.
AI has completely changed the way we work in almost every industry, and now is the perfect time to re-assess internal processes, productivity, and HR initiatives. Encouraging the adoption of AI and embedding it into our learning and development strategy has accelerated self-guided and structured learning and ultimately growth for our team and company.
Need support in implementing AI for your business? Speak with one of our experts for a free 15-minute consultation on how your business can use AI to become a digital leader.